+91 680 222 7774
- Assistant Professor: Department of Biological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur, India, September 2019 - Present
- Post-Doc: MRC Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK , Advisor: Prof. Nicholas D Hastie, Subject Area: Kidney development and disease biology, 2012-2019
- Post-Doc: MRC Human Genetics Unit, Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK , 2011-2012
- Post-Doc: MBGU, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru, Subject Area: Stem cell biology, 2010-2011
- Ph.D: MBGU, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru,,
Thesis Title: Chromatin Modifications by CARM1/PRMT4 and p300/KAT3B in the Regulation of Gene Expression, Probed by Specific Small Molecule Inhibitior, Advisor: Prof. Tapas Kundu,
Subject Area: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 2005-2010
- MSc: School Of Biotechnology, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai, 2003-2005
- Post transcriptional Gene Regulation
- Stem Cell Biology
- Human Genetic Disorders
- Bharathavikru R and Hastie ND (2018). Overgrowth Syndromes and Paediatric Cancers: how many roads lead to IGF2? Genes Dev 32:993-995.
- Bharathavikru R*, Dudnakova T*, Aitken S, Slight J, Artibani M, Hohenstein P, Tollervey D, Hastie ND. (2017) Transcription factor, Wilms Tumour 1 regulates developmental RNAs through 3’ UTR interaction. Genes Dev 31:347-352.
- Aitken S, Bharathavikru R. (2016). Bioinformatic Analysis of Next-Generation Sequencing Data to Identify WT1-Associated Differential Gene and Isoform Expression. Methods Mol Biol. 1467:211-219. (The Wilms’ Tumor (WT1) Gene (Humana Press)) Ed: Nicholas Hastie.
- Selvi BR*, Swaminathan A*, Maheshwari U, Nagabhushana A, Mishra RK, Kundu TK (2015). CARM1 regulates astroglial lineage through transcriptional regulation of Nanog and posttranscriptional regulation by miR92a. Mol Biol Cell 26:316-26.
- Chatterjee S, Mizar P, Cassel R, Neidl R, Selvi BR, Mohankrishna DV, Vedamurthy BM, Schneider A, Bousiges O, Mathis C, Cassel JC, Eswaramoorthy M, Kundu TK, Boutillier AL (2013). A novel activator of CBP/p300 acetyltransferases promotes neurogenesis and extends memory duration in adult mice. J Neurosci. 33:10698- 10712.
- Selvi BR, Mohan Krishna DV and Kundu TK (2011). Modulating histone acetylation with inhibitors and activators. Epigenomics and Diseases (Cambridge Press) 379-388.
- Selvi BR, Batta K, Kishore HA, Mantelingu K, Varier RA, Balasubramanyam K, Pradhan S K, Dasgupta D, Sriram S, Agrawal S, Kundu T K. (2010) Identification of a novel inhibitor of CARM1 mediated methylation of histone H3R17. J Biol Chem. 285:7143-7152.
- Selvi BR and Kundu TK. (2009) Reversible acetylation of Chromatin: Implication in regulation of gene expression, disease and therapeutics. Biotechnol J. 4:375 – 390.
- Selvi BR*, S Pradhan*, J Shandilya, C Das, B S Sailaja, G Nagashankar, S Gadad, A Reddy, D Dasgupta and Kundu TK. (2009), Putative anticancer therapeutic, Sanguinarine interacts with chromatin; modulates epigenetic modifications and chromatin transcription. Chem Biol 16:203-216.
- Selvi BR*, Jagadeesan D*, Suma BS, Nagashankar G, Arif M, Balasubramanyam K, Eswaramoorthy M, and Kundu TK. (2008) Intrinsically Fluorescent Carbon Nanospheres as a Nuclear Targeting Vector: Delivery of Membrane-Impermeable Molecule to Modulate Gene Expression In Vivo, Nano lett 8:3182-3188.
- Kumar GV, Selvi BR, Kishore AH, Kundu TK, Narayana C. (2008) Surface enhanced Raman spectroscopic studies of coactivator-associated arginine methyltransferase 1. J Phys Chem B 112:6703-6707.
- Title of the Invention: Polyhydroxy Derivatives Of [2,3,7,8-Tetrahydroxyl(1) Benzopyrano(5,4,3,(DE)(1)Benzopyran 5,10-Dione) as A Novel, Specific Inhibitors of Histone Methyltransferase (Hmtase) and Its Uses Thereof Inventors: Kundu TK, Selvi BR, Kishore AH, Mantelingu K Application filed: India (No.1090/CHE/2006, filed on 27/6/2006) International Patent Application (No. PCT/IN2007/000258, filed on 26/6/2007) PCT title: Site-specific inhibitors of histone methyltransferase (HMTase) and process of preparation thereof. US Patent No. 7,875,741, Granted on 25 Jan 2011
- Title of the Invention: Intrinscially Fluorescent Carbon Nanospheres And A Process Thereof Inventors: Kundu TK, Eswaramoorthy M, Selvi BR, Dinesh Jagadeesan Application filed: India (No.2218/CHE/2007, filed on 3/10/2007) International Patent Application (No. PCT/IN2008/000632 filed on 30/09/2008 US Patent No. 9,034,387 granted on 19 May 2015
Honors & Awards:
- Doctoral thesis project awarded the first prize in Merck-Millipore India Innovation Award. 2012
- Ranbaxy Young scientist award. 2009
- M.Sc., gold medal (Prof. E.R.B. Shanmugasundaram Endowment medal, Thiru. Ayyamperumal Pillai endowment medal, Dr. Subramanian Endowment medal). 2005
- BIO 406: Cancer Biology, BIO 413: Stem Cell Biology