+91 680 2227 740
- Scientific Officer: Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Berhampur, 2017 - Present
- Post-Doc: Department of Chemistry IIT Madras, India, Advisor: Prof. Bhyrappa P, 2017
- Ph.D: Bio-Organic Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India, Advisor: Professor Sandeep Verma, 2016
- M.Sc: Utkal University, Odisha, India, 2009
- Structural Chemistry Research.
- Supramolecular and Materials chemistry.
- Synthesis and functional aspects of silver or gold nanoparticles and its applications.
- B. Mohapatra, Pratibhaa, R. Kamal Saravanan, Sandeep Verma*, “2,6-Diaminopurine-zinc complex for primordial carbon dioxide fixation” Inorganica Chimica Acta, 2019, 484, 167–173.
- B. Mohapatra, S. Verma. “Crystal engineering with modified 2-aminopurine and Group 12 metal ions” Crystal Growth & Design. 2013, 13, 2716-2721.
- B. Mohapatra, S. Verma. “Crystallographic studies of modified 2-aminopurine nucleobase with transition metal ions “Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci., India, Sect. A Phys. Sci. 2014, 84, 261–268.
- B. Mohapatra, V. Venkatesh, S. Verma. “Crystallographic signatures of carboxylic acid appended 2- aminopurine with transitions metal ions” Crystal Growth & Design. 2014, 14, 5042-5052.
- Y. Kumar, B. Kuila, D. Mahajan, P. Singh, B. Mohapatra, G. Bhargava, “Metal-free diastereoselective synthesis of diaza-bicyclo[3.2.0]heptan-7-one and its transformation to functionalized proline esters” Tetrahedron Letters. 2014, 55 2793–2795.
- S. Kundu, B. Mohapatra, C. Mohapatra, S. Verma. V. Chandrasekhar “Polymeric, Molecular and Ionic Organotin Complexes Containing Hypoxanthine, Adenine and 2-Aminopurine. Synthesis and Supramolecular Structures” Crystal Growth & Design. 2015, 15, 247–256.
- S. Kundu, N. Nagapradeep, B. Mohapatra, S. Verma. V. Chandrasekhar “Organostannoxane-Supported Nucleobase Arrays: Synthesis and Supramolecular Structures of Polymeric and Molecular Organotin Complexes Containing Guanine, Uracil and 2-Aminopurine’CrystEngComm, 2016, 18, 4807–4817.
- B. Mohapatra, S. Verma. “Crystal Engineering with 2-aminopurine and 2, 6-diaminopurine derivatives: Dimers, metallaquartets, and halide-bridged clusters” Cryst. Growth Des., 2016, 16, 696–704.
- B. Mohapatra. Pratibha, S. Verma. “Designed Adenine Functionalization for Creating Complex Architectures for Material and Biological Applications” Chem. Commun., 2017, 53, 4748-4758.
- V. S. Bais, B. Mohapatra, N. Ahamad, S. Boggaram, S. Verma*, B. Prakash*, “Investigating the inhibitory potential of 2-Aminopurine metal complexes against serine/threonine protein kinases from Mycobacterium tuberculosis” Tuberculosis, 2018, 108, 47-55.
Awards & Honors:
- Qualified National Eligibility Test in Chemical Sciences (CSIR-JRF) with All India Rank 81, 2009
- Qualified GATE 2009 in Chemistry.
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF-chemical sciences) by CSIR, 2012
- Awarded Research Publication Incentive twice by IIT Kanpur, 2014 - 2015
- Awarded SERB national post-doctoral fellowship, 2016 - 2017