- Institute Post-Doctoral Research Fellow: Department of Physical Sciences, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Berhampur, Odisha.2019 (12 April) – Present
Mentor: Dr. Ajay Perumal
- Provisional Research Associate: Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences.2018 – 2019
Mentor: Professor Kattera A. Suresh
- Ph.D. in Physics: Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences.2012 – 2019
Thesis advisor:Professor Kattera A. Suresh,
Thesis title: Studies on the surface properties of Langmuir-Blodgett films of some biological and mesogenic molecules
- M.Sc in Physics: Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya (Central University).2010 – 2012
Project advisor: Professor Ranjan Kumar Bhowmik
- B.Sc in Physics (Hons): Katwa College (The University of Burdwan).2007 – 2010
- Soft condensed matter physics
- Scanning probe microscopy
- Charge transport in ultrathin films
List of Publications:
- Self-assembly and molecular packing in cholesteryl esters at interfaces, Arup Sarkar and K. A. Suresh, The Journal of Chemical Physics 146, 214702 (2017).
- Negative differential resistance in nickel octabutoxy phthalocyanine and nickel octabutoxy phthalocyanine / graphene oxide ultrathin films, Arup Sarkar and K. A. Suresh, Journal of Applied Physics 123, 155501 (2018).
- Charge transport in a system of cholesterol molecules deposited on graphene oxide using current sensing atomic force microscope, Arup Sarkar, K. A. Suresh and H. N. Gayathri, Materials Today: Proceedings 11, 645 (2019).