Assistant Professor: Department of Chemical Sciences, IISER Berhampur, India. 2017 - present
Post-Doc: Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung, Mülheim an der Ruhr, Germany, Advisor : Prof. Benjamin List, 2012
PhD.: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India, Advisor : Prof. Vinod K. Singh, 2009
M.Sc.: Panjab University, Chandigarh, 2004
Catalysis: Transition Metal Catalysis & Organocatalysis.
Synthesis of Natural Products & Biologically Active Compounds.
- Hyodo, K., Gandhi, S., Gemmeren, M., List, B. Bronsted acid catalyzed asymmetric silylation of alcohols. Synlett 2015, 26, 1093.
- Gandhi, S., List, B. Catalytic asymmetric three-component synthesis of homoallylic amines. Angew. Chem Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 2573.
- Kumar, M., Pandey, S. K., Gandhi, S., Singh, V. K. PPh3/halogenating agent-mediated highly efficient efficient ring opening of activated and non-activated aziridines. Tetrahedron Lett. 2009, 50, 363.
- Gandhi, S., Singh, V. K. Synthesis of chiral organocatalysts derived from aziridines: Applications in asymmetric aldol reaction. J. Org. Chem. 2008, 73, 9411.
- Kumar, M., Gandhi, S., Kalra, S. S., Singh, V. K. Efficient ring opening of aziridines with carboxylic acids. Synth. Commun. 2008, 38, 1527.
- Gandhi, S., Bisai, A., Prasad, B. A. B., Singh, V. K. Studies on the reactions of aziridines with nitriles and carbonyls: Synthesis of Imidazolines and Oxazolidines. J. Org. Chem. 2007, 72, 2133.
- Dwivedi, S. K., Gandhi, S., Rastogi, N., Singh, V. K. Lewis acid catalyzed regioselective ring opening of azetidines with alcohols and thiols. Tetrahedron Lett. 2007, 48, 5375.
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship for postdoctoral research, 2010
- Max Planck Fellowship for postdoctoral research, 2009
- CSIR Fellowship for doctoral research, 2004
- MPA Silver Medal for holding one of the top three positions in Panjab University in B.Sc, 2002
- CHM 211 Basic Organic Chemistry (Even Sem 2018)
- CHM 213 Organic Chemistry Laboratory I (Odd Sem 2017)
- CHM 103 General Chemistry Laboratory (one-third) (Odd Sem 2017)
- CHM 211 Basic Organic Chemistry (Even Sem 2017)