- Library provides reading facility to its members. All the books including reference collections are classified (DDC) and are open accessed.
- The reference services are provided to assist the users in locating a book or periodical, providing information on a topic, an event, a person, a date, a place, or a word, and giving instructions regarding the method of using the Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC), and offering research and advisory services to library users, and meeting enquiry about library services.
- In special case reprographic services is provided as per the recommendation of faculty members for education purpose.
Document Lending Services
- Membership registration
- Checkout, Check-in, Renewal of books
- Overdue alert services
- Issue of no dues / clearance certificate
- Lost book recovery
For any type of query regarding Book Issue, Return, Renew, Overdue Fine, Reprographic Charges, Book Hold, Membership, please mail to "email@example.com"
Web-OPAC (Library Online Catalogue)
- The Library’s Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) enables users to search all the bibliographic records available in the Central Library database through a web-based search interface of KOHA Library Management Software. OPAC can be searched by author, title, subject, call number, and ISBN. OPAC also enables library users know their checkout status, issue history and so on. They can also reserve books online, and avail more advanced services. The OPAC also provides information about new arrivals of books etc. in the Library. By using Web OPAC Kiosk (with touch Screen), Users can locate the availability of library books.
Document Delivery Services(DDS)
- Central Library arranges from other academic institutions (as IISERs/IITs/IISc/NITs/TIFR etc.) to get photocopies of papers from journals, conference proceedings that are not held in its collection for faculty members/research scholars at IISER Berhampur.
- Library can also be requested to get full text of any desired article for research purpose through the below mentioned e-mail id